run the river: may 2-5, 2014

MAY 2-5, 2014: RUNNING THE RIVER 128K FROM READING STATION TO TOWER BRIDGE
RAISING MONEY FOR CASPA, A CHARITY SUPPORTING YOUNG PEOPLE WITH AUTISM


click below and amazon will support caspa - running total £188

Sunday 4 March 2012

Calf injury can be a pain

Twelve minutes into a regular 10K run and suddenly, without warning, my left calf goes "pop". It wasn't particularly painful but I could only shuffle along and just about made it to a friend's house for a lift home. After 12 days I managed a 5K with no problems. So, now what?

The next longer run and after five miles it starts to cramp again so I stop and this doesn't feel good. Maybe I've made it worse. The rehab is slow and frustrating. The Physio says there are no deeper problems and the GP says to take it slow.

The mental side is the worst. Will I get up to full speed again? Will I be fit for the "big one"? What about Monday? See you on the trails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DO YOUR BIT - SPREAD THE WORD - CLICK "SHARE THIS"